Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lyve On Whyte and Wunderbar with Owls By Nature

On Friday, October 22, 2010, I showed up at Lyve On Whyte to take pictures of my local favorites Owls By Nature (love you guys!) with Haley Primrose and Derrek Anderson and the Guaranteed. After Jonny vouching for my IDless self, I went in to say hello to everyone. The boys informed me that the night before they'd been asked to play a show at the Wunderbar after Lyve.

They played a fantastic show at Lyve. Haley was wonderful, and OBN of course put on a great show. D.A. & The Guaranteed were alright too, a little old/country for my taste, but by the time they played I was dancing with Pete and Rudy so it didn't matter.

When we got to Wunderbar (some kind folks paid for a taxi for us. Most expensive 3 blocks of my life..) Bootz asked me to run back to grab a snare stand he forgot. After hunting down various member of The Guaranteed and locating the stand, I'd missed half the set by the time I got there. It was alright though. I caught some unwanted shooters (the boys were all verrryy drunk) and spent most of that show dancing. I got some pretty sweet photos there, though. Kris also had a lot of fun playing with my camera and took some really interesting photos with strange light play, but I didn't post those here since I didn't take them.


Haley Primrose at Lyve On Whyte

Haley Primrose

Sean Hamilton of Owls By Nature


Andrew 'Bootz' Barbutza of Owls By Nature

Ian McIntosh of Owls By Nature



Jonny McCormack of Rude City Riot playing with Owls By Nature




Pete Nguyen of The Weekend Kids

Pete & Rudy!

Derrek Anderson and The Guaranteed

Haley Barbutza

Jonny and Sean at the Wunderbar!

Jonny has some fierce poses up his sleeve.

Owls By Nature the Wunderbar in Edmonton, featuring Pete Nguyen of The Weekend Kids on the tambourine, and Jonny McCormack of Rude City Riot on the Sax!


He was so beat after playing 2 sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment