Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

We tried, and failed, but next time will be a different story.

Last weekend The Weekend Kids played a showe at Wunderbar. I went but had to leave early to catch Feast or Famine at On The Rocks.
I was sad to have missed TWK play, but I bought a totally stellar tshirt with a zombie climbing outta a grave. I dont think I've ever spent 20$ on one shirt before but it was well worth it. We all hung out and drank tea, it was real cute.


I got a ride with Autumn to OTR, and we had a nice chat on the way there. She' always been arond, but we've never really talked as much as we should. She's sweet.
When we got there, we went and said hello to Kyle. He, too, was drinking tea. We chatted for a bit, and I talked to one of his friends for a while before we headed over to the 'band' table area.When we walked over Matt Kerby waved and asked how I was like we were old friends, even though we'd never truly spoken before. Autumn and i were starving so we ordered some food to share and we all hung out. Katelyn showed up, and so did a few people from the Wunderbar.


When the Feasty boys finally hit the stage, they kiiiilled it. They're pretty much everything I admire in a band. Upbeat, and powerful, songs with a lot of  meaning and shared vocals. I didn't really know the songs too well, as I'd only bought the CD 2 days prior, but I had a wonderful time. They were an absolute pleasure to watch, and I'm sooo glad I finally got out. I'm still kicking myself for missing the release.


They have this song, Locked Doors, that talks about community and how we're supposed to be raised to trust people and such, but we still lock our doors. This song, paired with just how wonderful these people are got me to thinking about how damn lucky I am. I spend so much time with such lovely, artistic personalities that always make me feel welcome. The fact that they care about building a closer community really strikes me, as that's what my goal is..
Edmonton is a really fantastic place for having so many amazing people, but we've still got a long ways to go..


Some guy from some band..


Feast Or Famine!
















No comments:

Post a Comment